Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Beautiful Moment

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
The sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Old Irish Blessing. I sang it, through tears, to Granddad last night. That's where I stopped singing. He'd spent the day completely unresponsive, but shed a tear when I finished. The nurse said it was a special gift for me. I think she was right. Prior to that, I wanted to believe that he knew I was there, but I just wasn't sure. I'm so glad I could give that gift to him.

I'm kind of just waiting for the call today. The call telling me that he has gone home. I think his spiritual body and his physical body are separating. That's why the only reaction we got from him was the single tear. It was tearful but beautiful.

Someone brought a kitten for her grandmother to see. Cute little tuxedo guy. Nana snuggled him into her sweater where he purred. It was the most she'd smiled in a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer I know from experience that he does know your there. And you will know when he's gone,before any phone call. He will let you know in spirit. Peace to you & your family.
Susie in CA (TDK)