Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Randomness update

I know, blog entries tapered off a bit. I got blocked on my work computer. I should be flattered. Either I am considered 'objectionable material' or enough of my co-workers were reading me that I qualify as a distraction. That does make it more difficult to write a daily entry though since I was doing it on my lunch break. That's alright, I have plenty of home machines from which to keep all of my very appreciated readers in tune with what is going on with me. I also believe that there are additional options for posting my regular ramblings. I know that you don't want to miss a single day of my opinions. I own a Blackberry and can type with my thumbs.

I have a question for you all, but I have to give you some background. I have a strange interest in the lives of celebrities. Not because I care, but it's like watching a train wreck. These people don't effect my life in anyway. So, I heard this today. It was all over the internet. My question is: Since my first thought was 'I really hope they finished filming the Batman movie since the preview was freaking cool' and not anything thing like 'Oh that's so sad and tragic and he was so young,' does that make me some kind of callous bitch? Or does it just mean I am grounded in the fact that Hollywood personalities have no bearing on my life beyond the entertainment they provide? Thoughts to ponder. You can tell me I'm a callous bitch in the comments. I'm a big girl, I can take it. And no, the sad and tragic thought wasn't even second. My second thought was 'Huh, I thought the next celebrity to drop would be Britney.'

So, I suppose RIP Heath Ledger. May gay cowboys guide you to your eternal rest. Well.....If I wasn't a callous bitch before, that comment did it.

By the way, a friend of a friend died today too. It didn't make the news, but I think she made something of her life. She was the mother of two and helped the local church youth group in regular fundraisers. I know she touched lives and do mourn her passing. I had a martini with a church elder(the friend in common) on Friday night and had the blessing of learning something about her before she passed. I regret that I didn't have the opportunity to know her. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends in this difficult time.

Update:
In reading today, I have learned that Heath Ledger seems to have been an upstanding guy. Since there is a shortage of them in Hollywood, he will be missed. Apparently, his kindness touched many lives in and out of Hollywood.

No comments: