Monday, December 17, 2007

Unable To Come Up With A Creative Title Today

I'm in a bad mood today. The very fact that I am in a bad mood is pissing me off because I have every reason to be in a good mood. But I have a headache. A bad one. Not a migraine, no, I thankfully haven't had one of those in a while. But at least there are stronger drugs for those. I suppose I could take Excedrin Migraine anyway and then I could be hopped up on caffeine and pissed off because my head hurts.

I should be in a good mood though. Hubby's Christmas present arrived in the mail on Saturday. I took it to rehearsal and showed it off to the choir. I got him this:
I wrapped it when I got home from choir rehearsal. Hope he doesn't figure it out! Yeah, kidding. When he got home, we decided to do our Christmas early. We had strong suspicions about what we were getting for each other and didn't want to put it off any longer. That, and it was looking more and more like Christmas Eve was just not going to work out as planned. Our suspicions were correct so I am glad we didn't wait. It's just no fun to keep secrets from each other. I was paranoid that I might be talking in my sleep.

He was very cute and romantic with his presentation. I opened a large box that contained a pair of candlesticks, some dark chocolate, and a bottle of red wine. The Watcher, in case anyone is interested. He asked if after nine years together, whether or not I would do it all over again if given the chance. I told him that of course I would. Then he presented me with my new very sparkley re-engagement ring. Don't worry, I'll post a picture later.

I got to show it off to the choir Sunday morning. The director's husband actually offered me a bribe to not show it to his wife. Needless to say, I am not ten dollars richer. The very difficult anthem was beautiful. Later, we made an appearance at the Christmas party for our Sunday school class. That was annoying because they scheduled it the same night as the Christmas Cantata. Since I was the soloist, I kind of needed to be at the Cantata.

The Cantata was beautiful. I was lavished with compliments. By the way, here's some free advice for you. When you go to compliment a soloist, don't ever say, "I didn't know you could sing." Even though I appreciate the sentiment, there is no good way to respond to that. Besides, I'm a Soprano, we come prepackaged with a Diva Complex. Sopranos feed off compliments. Our heads swell and we become nearly intolerable. We learn special techniques to not become dizzy with the world revolving around us. I can't tell you about them, that would be breaking the secret code.

Hmm, maybe that is the source of my headache. Upon returning to reality where I'm in accounting rather than gracing the stage with my presence, my head has been unceremoniously returned to it's natural size. I did get to show off my new ring. The Ooohs and Aaahs apparently couldn't maintain the appropriate cranial inflation. The headache set in after my show-and-tell was done. I'm sure the pressures will readjust eventually. But for now, my head hurts and so therefore, my mood sucks.

No comments: